Two casino games that you’ll find in the Video Poker family are Deuces Wild and Joker Poker. They’re usually found on Bally’s Game King machines in addition to the Jacks or Better family of Video Poker games.
If they’re played using the correct strategy the return is over 98% for both games, hence, the edge to the casino is under 2%.
All winning hands double per each credit bet, except for the natural Royal Flush which pays 4,000 credits with the maximum of five credits bet. Thus, it is prudent to wager the maximum number of credits whenever you play any version of Video Poker.
Here are the specifics of both games:
The four Deuces (two’s) are wild, which means you can substitute the deuce to complete any winning hand. For example, if you have two aces and two deuces in your hand, you have four aces. Unlike Jacks or Better where a pair of jacks nets you a push, the smallest winning hand in deuces is three of a kind. Pay tables may vary between casinos. A common pay table listed below with max credits bet has a return of about 98.7%, which leaves the house edge at 1.3%:
3 of a Kind – 5
Straight – 10
Flush – 15
Full House – 20
Four of a Kind – 20
Straight Flush – 45
Five of a Kind -75
Wild Royal Flush – 125
Four Deuces – 1000
Natural Royal Flush – 4000
Hold any completed winning hand initially dealt unless you have more than 2 deuces, or you are one card away from a straight flush or higher. One or more deuces initially dealt should always be held.
The Joker Poker deck contains 53 cards including one Joker, which is wild. You can substitute the joker to complete any winning hand. For example, if you have three aces and a joker in your hand, you have four aces. Unlike Jacks or Better where a pair of Jacks nets you a push, the smallest winning hand in this game is a pair of Kings. Pay tables may vary between casinos.
The common pay table listed below with max credits bet has a return of about 98.6% which leaves the house edge at 1.4%:
Pair of Kings or Better – 5
Two Pair – 5
Three of a Kind – 10
Straight – 15
Flush – 25
Full House – 35
Four of a Kind – 90
Straight Flush – 250
Royal Flush with Joker – 500
Five of a Kind – 1000
Natural Royal Flush – 4000
Hold any completed winning hand initially dealt with or without the joker.
Hold a natural Four of a Kind and discard the fifth card in hopes of being dealt the joker to complete a Five of a Kind for a much larger payout.
Hold three or four cards dealt to a Royal, Straight Flush, Flush, or Straight.
Copyright © – Dennis J. Occhino – All rights reserved
Dennis Occhino is the founder of http://www.aResponsibleGambler.com, where you’ll find More than 70 articles ranging from casino customs, table games, machine games, sports, and probably some games you never heard of. You’ll learn how to play them all with detailed descriptions, videos, and links for free play. Products and publications are available for purchase. This site shows you how to play responsibly, and when to take the money and run.
This is not a gambling website, but a place to learn, practice, and master.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Dennis_J_Occhino/2428224